The Senior SQL Developer is responsible for database design in both transnational and decision support environments, as well as development of stored procedures, DTS/SSIS packages, jobs, and database scripts in support of software development projects to achieve the company's strategic objectives. He/she is also responsible for troubleshooting performance issues on existing code, and conducting performance analysis on new code.
* Analyze technical requirements and design new data models or update existing data models using ER Studio and Visual Studio Database Edition.
* Analyze technical requirements and recommend ETL strategies and provide visual representation of design using Visio
* Code stored procedures of high complexity to meet product requirements
* Conduct Index and Performance Analysis to ensure products provide optimal performance
* Deliver work products that meets specifications, are free of defects, and have optimal performance
* Maintain Database Designs and Models
* Define and keep up to date Database Architecture and Development best practices
* Build design consensus among different teams working on software development projects
* Facilitate discussions among database developers to exchange ideas and introduce new database technologies
* Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen technology platform and development practices.
* Requires no direct supervision or assistance to complete tasks.
* Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs on performance, scalability and maintainability.
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of database design
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of T-SQL programming
* Demonstrates expert knowledge of performance tuning
* Works effectively with Internal & External Clients
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.