SQL Server Database Developer
A client of Modis is looking for a SQL Server Developer to join a growing team & company out of Bedford, MA.
We re looking for engineers who can bring fresh ideas to all areas of our business. As a software engineer you will work on specific projects critical to the needs of our healthcare customers. Our engineers are talented, energetic, and enthusiastic to create new solutions across the full-stack as we continue to grow.
The continued success and rapid growth of our company has created a need for a SQL Server Database Developer to join our engineering team developing our next-generation product. This is a unique opportunity to make a major impact on a next-generation product in the growing patient care management market.
You will take a role for the database design and join in the development of our enterprise Care Management software solution. Responsibilities include:
- Write and optimize SQL Code to implement database logic and database maintenance
- Monitor, tune and troubleshoot database performance and data concurrency
- Assist in data modeling
- Execute database administration tasks in our development and test environments
- Develop and maintain database and coding standards
- Proficient in database concepts and design (tables, constraints, indexing, schemas, CLR)
- Proficient in T-SQL development (scripts, triggers, stored procedures, functions)
- Experience with various versions of SQL Server including Standard and Enterprise editions of 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Experience writing and tuning complex SQL queries
- Strong understanding of SQL Server security, performance monitoring and optimizing
- Ability to plan, test and implement the safe modification of a production database environment during Software upgrade cycles
- Start-up mindset, enjoy the diversity and versatility required in this position
- BS degree in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience creating database upgrade strategies (especially with Liquibase)
- Experience developing in programming languages other than T-SQL (Hibernate, Java preferred)
- Experience with software eco-system (GIT, Bitbucket, Stash, SVN)
- Experience with ETL and Data Warehousing (SSRS, SSAS, Jasperserver, R)