Senior SW Development Engineer - Machine Learning The Position
We have access to over 80% of the world's available data, which equals over 4M+ gigabytes of data generated per day. Our engineering team specializes in building enterprise grade analytic systems. We are building AI applications that can scale learnings to massive datasets.
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will join our team to help create and scale our ML and AI algorithms to learn from massive amounts of data.
Our perfect coworker is smart, self-directed, research oriented and passionate about helping our customers. It's critical that you are comfortable working on the cloud, can work in a self-learning manner and research and implement the latest AI technologies. They know how to manage their time effectively and prioritize the tasks in front of them. Sounds like you, please drop us a line! Within 1 month, you'll:
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Research, evaluate, and suggest the best ML techniques for Omni ML Suite
- Learn pertinent tools (AWS, Spark, MapReduce, Scala)
- Identify problems which can be helped by ML/distribution
- Identify performance metrics and define success criteria
- Build prototypes to evaluate the effectiveness of technologies
- Create plans to turn prototypes into products
Qualifications and Requrements
- Be a technical leader who has ownership of their products
- Provide data analysis to meet the required need
- Map out applicable techniques, scaling implications, accuracy, performance analysis, etc.
- Create visualizations and other ways to present data in a meaningful way
- Propose designs while taking complexity, time to implement, amount of data collection/labeling needed into account
- Build prototypes to determine feasibility
- Interact with clients to understand their needs and present delivered solutions
- Write scalable, well-tested, and clean code
- Surprise us with your brilliant ideas and enthusiasm!
- 7+ years in a software and machine learning engineering role (3+ years of Java/Scala experience and working with distributed systems)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, Applied Math, Physics, Computer/Electrical/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with large scale Big Data environments such as Hadoop and Spark
- Previous AI/ML experience
- Experience with AWS services such as EMR, EC2, and S3
- PhD in CS, CE, ME, EE, ChemE, Applied Math, Math, Physics, Applied Physics or Computational Chemistry or equivalent
- Proficiency in
- Scala, Java, Python, SQL, Bash
- Python data science stack: jupyter/zeppelin notebook, sklearn, pandas, matplotlib, etc.
- Distributed computing frameworks: MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark
- ML libraries: Spark MLLib, scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras
- Experience with SaaS products
- Deep Learning Experience
- Sense of humor!
We are a fast-growing, venture-backed, early-stage AI startup in the heart of Silicon Valley currently operating in stealth mode. We are the solution of choice for the Fortune 500.
* We have built some of the largest revenue generating online systems in the world in areas of data science, systems engineering, and management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.