The Salesforce Developer develops, configures, codes, tests, and debugs new software, enhancements to existing proprietary software or purchased software packages. In conjunction with functional users and IT Business Systems personnel, the Salesforce Developer assists with the design and documentation of the Company s application software environment and is responsible for contributing to application development projects of medium to high complexity
- Assists with the creation and preparation of detailed technical specifications from which complex programs will be written or configured.
- Writes, tests, analyzes, and implements high-quality code according to specifications to meet stated business requirements.
- Participates in code reviews and performs all necessary follow-up actions.
- Addresses system defects and implements enhancements to existing functionality.
- Follows all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle, including configuration management, design, coding, testing, and documentation standards.
- Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
- Supports the production environment.
- Provides ongoing maintenance of systems technical documentation.
- Works cross-functionally with various teams including Integration, QA, Operations and the business to help drive results forward.
- Creates and/or updates documentation necessary for each system.
- Follows Salesforce.com s best practices and guidelines in implementing solutions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Must have an overall IT experience of 10 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field.
- 0-2 years of experience in software development testing, including testing automation and the development of test plans.
- 2-5 years of experience in Salesforce development and configuration.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies, web development, and object-oriented programming methodologies.