In the Senior Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The Scrum Master will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team.
* Act as a leader to the product / project core `development' team
* Oversee design, implementation, QA, and validation of product (outcome)
* Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery of business value
* Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor product / project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
* Shape team behavior through excellent management via best practice(s)
* Helps team pro-actively identify impediments and recommends solutions to remove impediments
* Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout SDLC and / or project lifecycle
* Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and business owners
* Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
* Take responsibility for successful product delivery with strong partnership with the product owners
* Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
* Must possess the ability to explain intricate and complicated concepts and ideas in a simplified manner
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Personality - ability to work with teams across multiple locations
* Energy -- ability to motivate teams
* Problem solving skills
* Strong technical background
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field required
* Scrum Alliance CSM or PMI's Agile Certified Professional strongly preferred
* PMP, Lean, Agile, Six Sigma certification - preferred
* 8+ years experience in varying Project Management roles - strongly preferred
* 3+ years of experience as a SM in an agile product team role - required
* Minimum of 5 years experience in information technology (IT) project / program management required
* Experience in a Financial institution (understanding of financial governance) preferred
This position will supervised.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. The daily schedule may vary from 8 am to 5 pm or 9 am to 6 pm. Hours may vary or exceed 40 in any given week depending on the needs of the business. Depending on system needs and emergencies, the manager may be called in on weekends and overnight hours on occasion.
This position will require up to 10% travel.
ACA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ACA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.