Role: Sr. Scrum Master
Duration: 6 months
Location: Jacksonville (can work 100% remote)
The IT Scrum Master is responsible for guiding the team in developing the solution using Agile practices for medium to high complexity initiatives from initiation through release. Run key Agile ceremonies, including daily stand up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint reviews/demos and sprint retrospectives. The Scrum Master will utilize the Sr. Scrum Master for SME knowledge. Create and maintain the appropriate channels for open communication within the scrum team to create a trusting and safe team environment. Continuously seek to improve team performance by promoting joint accountability for results and solving productivity issues. Protect the team from outside distractions. Remove obstacles in order to continue to deliver.
• Experience utilizing the CA Agile Rally tool
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies such as daily stand up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint reviews/demos and sprint retrospectives.
• Assist the scrum team to become a self-organized, cross-functional and highly efficient team that delivers high-quality products
• Facilitate documenting and executing the team's continuous improvement plan, based on retrospectives
• Clarify deliverables and assignments and remove impediments
• Provide leadership with metrics necessary to make decisions
• Determine ways to improve throughput, velocity and allow the team flexibility to self-manage themselves especially on items identified from the retrospective
• Able to lead multiple Scrum Teams
• Strong knowledge of various well-documented Agile patterns and techniques (e.g. multiple Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, Release planning, Capacity planning, handling bugs, etc.)
• Partner with IT technical staff and Business Sponsor to ensure the design accomplishes both business and technical requirements
• Manages Issues, Risk, Dependencies and Change Request following the established PMO guidelines.
• Solid knowledge and experience in various Project Management and Product Development concepts, methodologies and processes
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
• Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Understanding of and SDLC disciplines
• Understanding of the concepts, theories and processes of the Project Management Methodology.
• Broad knowledge of IT functions.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of labor, cost management and project tracking and management tools such as MS Project.
• Ability to lead and facilitate project team status meetings to obtain schedule, issues, risk , and dependency updates.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
• Strong Communications (written and verbal)
• Strong PC skills specifically utilizing the MS Office Suite products (e.g., MS Word, MS Excels, etc.).
• Expert in MS Project 2010
• Expert in MS Excel
5-8 years related work experience leading Agile / Scrum projects
Computer Science or Information Technology or related Bachelor's degree required or relevant work experience
Certified Scrum Master (For Senior Level or higher)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or