If qualified and interested please email an updated resume to Sara Valle at thank you and I look forward to connecting! Position:
Security Compliance Analyst Location
: Washington D.C. (remote flexibility offered) Clearance
: s and able to obtain and/or maintain a Dept. of Homeland Security EOD as a condition of employment and Top Secret Clearance Responsibilities
- Participate in all steps of the Security Authorization and Assessment process for FISMA systems.
- Deliver all required documentation using the current DHS approved templates, forms, regulations, and methods.
- Continuously update all documentation as required.
- Provide advisement to stakeholders to assign resources and establish timelines to ensure the successful Security Authorization of a system.
- Review and validate all relevant NIST 800-53 and DHS 4300B Security Controls and/or applicable departmental policies for each IT system assigned.
- Ensure software installed in the production environment is evaluated and provide guidance regarding the potential for the software to introduce risk into the environment.
- Perform oversight of compliance with Vulnerability Alerts.
- Review and validate Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms) for each non-compliant control for each managed IT System prior to authorizing closure. Proper documentation to support the POA&M lifecycle shall be filed and updated as required, including well documented waivers and exceptions detailing the potential risk to the Authorizing Official.
- Perform in depth reviews of logs and other artifacts for each IT system.
- Provide, track and report security requirements throughout the project life cycle of all projects that are within the accreditation boundary of assigned systems.
- Work closely with Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) to provide guidance and oversight for all requested initiatives.
- Provide timely and detailed responses to all data calls.
- Provide oversight and guidance regarding requests to modify technical policies such as firewall rules, ports, protocols, etc. for each IT system.
- Coordinate with and brief Federal staff on all activities pertaining to each IT system as requested.
- Continuously maintain a thorough understanding of all configurations, architecture, installed software, accounts (both Operating System and Application), data flows, ports, protocols, and other relevant data for each IT System.
- Coordinate with the appropriate operational group to accurately update the System Design Document for each IT system to reflect the approved state of each IT system.
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), POA&Ms, Security Authorization and Assessments.
- Experience conducting and documenting vulnerability assessments.
- Knowledge of and experience with NIST SP 800-53, 800-53A, and 800-37.
- Understanding of FISMA compliance.
- Understanding of FedRAMP.
- Experience with Nessus scans, or similar tool.
- Strong writing skills are required.
- Experience working with DHS 4300A.
- Technical background and ability to review complex configurations for validation.
- CISSP, CISA, CAP, or equivalent certifications (DoD 8570 IAM 2 equivalent).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or