About Harmer Consultants, Inc:
Harmer Consultants is a Chicago-based provider of diversified professional information technology (IT) recruiting services. Backed by devoted, experienced Partners and an exceptional reputation, Harmer prides itself on connecting people who are empowered by growing meaningful professional relationships for contract, contract-to-hire, and project-based assignments.
Our highly-skilled, professional recruiters have developed extensive networks within the business community making them among the most successful recruiters in the industry. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a history of successful, long-lasting relationships. Clients recognize Harmer for its exceptional recruiting team, quality candidates, and seamless process.
Harmer has 30+ years of proven history providing clients with project-based experts for critical, time-sensitive and technically specific engagements. We are currently looking to assist one of our clients in identifying a dynamic candidate who has a strong background in the below skills. For more information visit .
If you have the below skillset and are interested in being contacted by one of our team members to discuss this role please apply:
Sr. Security Engineer
Chicago, IL 60654
3-month contract to hire
8 AM 5 PM
Phone, F2F, Offer
Pay Rate Range:
$55-$75/HR DOE; Salary Range Upon Conversion - $120,000 - $130,000 + Bonus
Job Specification Senior Security Engineer
The client is a Global Professional Services firm that is looking to hire because of growth to their Security team. The team is looking for someone who has a breadth of knowledge across IAM, End Point Security, and SIEM. The candidate will join a small but growing global team.
- Design, communicate and deploy information security project deliverables on time, and to required quality to support service-based security goals -
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues;
- Use technical knowledge of current attacks to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition and design of networks, remote access schemes, systems and applications to specify solutions, verify the solutions that have been implemented, and rapidly adjust designs based on new threat and attack information as acquired
- Deployment, operation and maintenance of systems consisting of perimeter security (next-gen firewalls, WAF), Intrusion Detection / Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), endpoint security (Anti-Malware, EDR), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Identity and Access Management (IAM) and vulnerability management.
- Protect cloud-based architectures with AWS security tools, models and monitoring IAM, Guard Duty, WAF/Shield
- Maintain, support and build out security infrastructure around services currently operating in AWS and Azure
- Partner with enterprise architecture, security architect, IT and business stakeholders to consult on broader firm wide initiatives that require security consulting expertise.
- Work with the CISO and the Information Security team to define requirements and prototype solutions to support the enterprise information security roadmap.
- Partner with the endpoint services and Service Desk teams to support the communication, deployment, and ongoing resolution of issues associated with security technologies and security incidents.
- Partner with the Application Development team to design and implement a Secure SDLC program to advance security principles within the development organization
Mandatory Working Experience
- 10+ years of information security experience required.
- 8+ years of experience in the configuration, testing, deployment, and management of enterprise security software technologies.
- 5+ years of experience with IAM platforms and concepts
- 5+ years of active directory / LDAP experience.
- A college or university degree and/or relevant work experience in the area of information security is required.
- Relevant security and AWS certifications are a plus but not required.
- Self-starter & team player
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert-level experience with configuring, implementing and managing security technologies such as anti-malware, system hardening, vulnerability management, intrusion detection/prevention, firewalls, security assessment utilities, and content filtering utilities, etc.
- Advanced understanding of security design and operations in Amazon and Microsoft cloud platforms.
- Strong understanding of network protocols and major operating systems
- Strong knowledge of the indicators of compromise and what constitutes a targeted cyber-attack.
- Strong understanding of SIEM architectures with specific experience with Splunk
- Knowledge of DLP (Data Loss Prevention) technologies
- Knowledge of IDS (Intrusion Detection System) technologies
- Knowledge of web filtering and proxy technologies
- Knowledge of vulnerability management best practices
- Knowledge of common scripting languages such as VB, Python, Powershell, BASH, & Perl
- Knowledge of incident response and handling protocols and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Agile development, Secure Software Development Life Cycle, and DevSecOps
Key Working Relationships
- Reports to Chief Information Security Officer
- Information Security Team
- Enterprise Architecture Team
- IT Operations and Development Team(s)
- Senior Business Subject Matter Experts
- External Contractors