Ledgent Technology is partnering with a top insurance company industry to search for a Sr. Systems Security Engineer for a hybrid onsite position. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of security specific experience along with a security industry certification (CISSP, CISM, ISP, CASP). This is a direct hire position.
Systems Administration Focus:
- Provides leadership in the administration and implementation of network and data security technologies, including production and disaster recovery firewalls and two-factor authentication.
- Assesses network and data security threats, recommends and improves security practices, and performs regular internal/external vulnerability scanning to identify anomalous events and security infractions.
- Responsible for monitoring news feeds, security publications and alert services to be aware of any "zero day' security exploits and takes appropriate action to protect against these threats.
- Assists in developing responses to internal & external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Attends security conferences and seminars to stay informed of emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Security Committee member and runs the monthly Security Committee meetings providing updates to discussion topics and action items identified during these meetings.
- Ensures hardware and software stays up to date with the latest security patches.
- Creates network policies and authorization roles and defends against unauthorized access, modifications and destruction.
- Training of staff to understand and use security protocols as well as be more security conscious
- Provides technical leadership in the administration and implementation of UNIX/Linux systems and software.
- Provides technical leadership in the administration and implementation of SAN/NAS technologies.
- Preserves the safety and integrity of all information systems and data while minimizing downtime for critical systems, including maintaining the disaster recovery equipment and documentation.
- Maximizes the performance of information and communication systems by monitoring performance, optimizing usage, and tuning hardware and software parameters.
- Maintains availability and extends longevity of information and communication systems by administering equipment maintenance activities and contracts.
- Follows company best practices and departmental and team customer service for problem resolution and tracking. Communicates status to customers in a timely manner.
This resource will implement, maintain, administer, and support information and communication technology while securing company resources and maintaining high standards of professionalism, ethics and customer service. Is meticulous and detail-oriented, with excellent technical and information security skills. Provides high-level technical support and leadership for securing the company network and data and makes recommendations for advancements in security technologies and practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.