Fortune 500 company is currently looking for a Project Server Engineer for their Corporate IT Department. The Project Server Engineer will help support and track incidents for high-visibility, high-traffic applications, and consumer facing applications reported by internal customers, business partners and vendors.
This position requires a solid foundation in supporting Enterprise level applications, basic Windows Server knowledge, ability to provide technical support, testing, and incident management experience.
Detailed Job Description and Duties:
- Solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect internal and external consumers
- Take ownership of internal customer technical issues and seeing them through to resolution
- Actively monitor all servers and constantly seek improvements
- Identify and implement solutions to software, hardware and service issues
- Continuously improve regular operations by automating procedures and optimizing processes
- Technical project lead for any new technology or application implementation within the organization
- Maintains system documentation and provides production reporting metrics
- Perform service deployments in highly available Production environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player with collaborative mindset
- 5-7 years of experience in each of the following areas:
- Actively supporting enterprise application infrastructures with 50+ servers
- Very broad exposure within support, technical troubleshooting, and application architecture
- Enterprise software implementation experience, involving complex business-to business solutions
- Proficient with DevOps practices and with solutions such as TFS and Octopus Deployment tools.
- Proficient with Windows PowerShell or similar scripting language
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL
- Ability to prioritize service levels for each organizations’ business unit