If the below position is something you are interested in, please send a copy of your updated resume to
The Senior Server Systems Engineer is responsible for planning and leading the installation, configuration, documentation, and maintenance of corporate servers, server applications, and storage systems. The Senior Server Systems Engineer will manage vendor relationships to ensure service goals are met and issues are resolved timely. The Senior Server Systems Engineer is responsible for problem diagnosis and resolution for the open systems environment. The Senior Server Systems Engineer will ensure open systems application availability and response time goals are met. The Senior Server Systems Engineer will plan and lead activities related to Business Recovery including improving the server system recoverability model and participating in the semi-annual tests. The Senior Server Systems Engineer will perform project management and other special assignments as determined by the Manager, Server Engineering. The Senior Server Systems Engineer will research and prepare direction papers for the open systems environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or related field or industry server level certification such as MCITP, MCSE, VCP, or Linux related certifications or equivalent experience required.
• 6+ years experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and in supporting server related infrastructure and software.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with network directory services such as Microsoft Active Directory required.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with messaging systems such as Microsoft Exchange required.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware.
• Strong knowledge and experience with managing storage area networks.
• Must have a thorough understanding of current networking technologies, security administration, and backup & disaster recovery technologies and solutions.
• Working Linux knowledge preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills required.
• Must work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail keeping quality results as the central focus of all work.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or