- Job Location: Washington, DC (Partial Remote)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Clearance: Ability to obtain Public Trust
- Pay: Up to $165K/yr (Depends on Experience)
The Sr. SharePoint Architect has significant experience managing, building and designing SharePoint (2010, and 2013) On-Premise farms. Ideal candidate should be familiar with SharePoint best practices from a performance and capacity management perspective and in various 3rd party products and technologies that extend the functionality of SharePoint. Additionally, the Sr. SharePoint Architect should have a good understanding of the various development models for SharePoint (Server Side, CSOM, REST etc.,) and how they interact with the platform. Duties will also include interacting with Solution Architects, Developers and Program Managers responsible for new solutions, and offering suggestions to improve the design or to have it map better to the SharePoint Farms. The Sr. SharePoint Architect will also help plan for the move of SharePoint farms from On-Premise to possible cloud platforms (Azure or AWS), and should be able to talk about the pros and cons of the approaches suggested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the SharePoint Operations team providing support for a number of SharePoint farms.
- Proactively bring SharePoint solutions to improve performance and capacity management to business stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Provide SharePoint Custom Solutions related O&M and leadership to other SharePoint support staff.
- Assist in-house customers in SharePoint Administration support (including permissions management), work instructions and documentation detailing best practices for SharePoint.
- Develop, document, communicate and maintain SharePoint Governance processes and policies.
- Identify the need and design/develop PowerShell scripts to assist in the management of and generating data from the SharePoint farms.
- Develop and explain SharePoint’s CSOM and Server-Side models/solutions.
- Develop quick reference guides and knowledge base information detailing step-by-step responses to sample assistance questions and other routine requests for SharePoint 2013 support.
- Demonstrate understanding of a top down view between departments and organizations and understand cross departmental collaboration. He/she will need to communicate with Department leads and other groups to properly implement solutions for the SharePoint platform.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- MCSE SharePoint and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) is highly desired.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, and consultative skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to document solutions, develop training, and present solutions.
- Expertise in understanding requirements provided by non-technical users/customers and creating a solution that provides them with the functional capabilities they desired.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions that resolve functionality problems.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work unsupervised.
- Customer Service skills (service oriented, listening, empathy, communication skills) and excellent business partner/client interaction skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on expertise with Microsoft SharePoint Server, web parts, search, branding, permissions etc.,
- Able to produce technical documentation and network architectural diagrams.
- Ability to work productively and constructively with other members of a team.