Are you passionate about software development, and about making the lives of your fellow developers easier? As a member of the Software Assurance and Curation team, you'll develop and improve mechanisms and tools for sharing code company-wide. You'll work with program managers and software owners throughout to enable and accelerate company-wide platform and language updates. You'll help curate the contents of Amazon's company-wide shared-code repositories. You'll steward changes to libraries and tools that are deployed across the company to hundreds of thousands of systems. And you'll work with other teams in AWS Builder Tools to improve the daily lives of nearly every engineer at Amazon.
If you're a creative thinker and you get excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges to empower developers and ultimately help Amazon continue to build great software, fast, come join us!
About the team
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 13 employee-led affinity groups, reaching employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Proficiency in at least two modern programming languages, such as Java, Python, Ruby, C/C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability and motivation to take a project from requirements and scoping through launch and into maintenance
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and develop and review technical designs
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Ability to quickly understand and make changes in unfamiliar code bases
- At least 5 years of professional development in each of at least two programming languages
- A strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.