A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You'll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC's strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Job Requirements and Preferences
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
: Basic Qualifications
: Minimum Degree Required
Bachelor Degree Additional Educational Requirements
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.Minimum Years of Experience
4 year(s) Preferred Qualifications
: Degree Preferred
Bachelor Degree Preferred Fields of Study
Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology Preferred Knowledge/Skills
Demonstrates extensive-level abilities and/or proven record of success in the following areas of application development:
- Using C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework 3.5 and later;
- Using NodeJS;
- Orchestrating Microservices to create business APIs and REST API design and creation;
- Implementing within APIM platform and knowledge of security models with hands on experience with API management platforms (MuleSoft, Apigee, Layer 7, Kong or others);
- Demonstrating experience with API testing including test automation, load and performance testing;
- Managing and implementing SLA of highly available, robust and scalable API platform and platform sizing;
- Engaging with SSO and integrating with various enterprise IdAM platforms and NoSQL database (DocumentDB, Cloud Datastore, MongoDB);
- Working with Source control using GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle, Ant, TFS;
- Testing Unit experience such as JUnit, nUnit or MOQ;
- Implementing CI/CD pipelines and DevOps practices; and,
- Working with Cloud based platforms and services (Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, AWS).
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing technical systems and solution architecture to translate business plans into application technical objectives;
- Serving as a trusted advisor to business stakeholders and relationship teams providing thought leadership to promote innovation and/or cost reduction;
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative & waterfall to support the success of the organization;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models;
- Demonstrating history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
- Displaying initiative and ability to develop applications in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
- Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews;
- Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members;
- Demonstrating ability to identify robust analytical thinking skills with the, debug, and resolve technical issues;
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues;
- Providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to application technology guidelines;
- Understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
- Demonstrating significant contributions to deliver solutions within an Agile methodology, while establishing quality, timeliness and adherence to good architectural practice and guidelines;
- Designing, improving and integrating business processes across disparate systems; and,
- Participating in design standards work streams up through ratification in the governance process, working with multi-territory representatives and technical architects.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.