Apex Systems is a world class technology services business that incorporates industry insights and experience to deliver solutions that fulfill our clients' digital visions.
Apex has an opportunity for a Software Engineer in the Greater Boston or Virginia area. Here are the details:
** For immediate consideration please contact Allison Portnoy, Technical Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org ** Position:
Software Engineer Location:
Remote (Boston, MA/McClean, VA) Rate:
Negotiable based on experience Duration:
Project expected to last till the end of 2021 Position Description:
Our leading U.S financial services client is looking to bring on a Software Engineer to aid in several business critical development pushes. In this role you will be responsible for developing their financial platform used to accelerate account closing.
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You have built full stack systems (preferably architected for speed and distributed computing), with demonstrated experience in software engineering.
- You embrace DevOps principles, including continuous delivery and ongoing support of production applications
- You love to learn new technologies, keep abreast of the latest technologies within architecture, and drive your organization to adapt to emerging best practices
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and/or open source contributions you are proud to share
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
- At least 4 years of experience delivering applications from architectural design to production implementation
- Hands-on experience in deploying scalable, distributed systems or multi- database paradigms via Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with software design, containerized micro-services & distributed caching in 8, Boot, (highly preferred),
- Experience in End to End Development - You build it, you own it mentality and practices (Design, Develop, Test, and Deploy)
- Experience in Unit Testing your own applications and code to deployments.
- Experience in Agile Software Development
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Passion for software development, the latest trends, and innovation.
- Hands on experience with SOX or exposure to banking/financial data
- Recent exp working in an environment (with tools and services such as; EMR, Lambda, EC2, kinesis, s3, elasticache/redis)
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com