Nestled conveniently in North Texas in the vibrant city of Denton is the corporate headquarters of Sally Beauty Holdings, the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. We are inviting applications for our Sr. Software Developer.
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us."
As a Sr. Software (POS) Developer, you are responsible for the creation of all point of sale and payment related code for our stores. You will ensure all development/design efforts are in full compliance with corporate policies, procedures and security standard are met for sensitive customer data. Partnering with cross functional teams across various IT departments including, QA, Sales Audit, infrastructure, network, information security, project management and help desk to develop project estimates, timelines, technical and business requirements will be critical to your role. Ability to participate with on-call after hour support as a critical incident manager. Review, analysis, design, coding, testing and debugging of computer software solutions that meet requirements of company business applications. Works with end users, Third Parties, other IT staff and management to meet these requirements. Responsibilities
- Writes new code or modifies existing code to meet requirements of company business applications. Tests or Debugs his/her work to ensure that the functional requirements are met and that completed work is of high quality. Follows company development standards which are particular to their team.
- Provides production support in the form of troubleshooting problems, break fixes, adhoc data mining or other unspecified activities as directed by management. May be on call for afterhours support.
- Performs review, analysis and design on new assignments identifying opportunities and challenges that may be signification to the successful completion of the assignment.
- Complies with existing documentation requirements required for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Complies with Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements as required.
- Lead IT vendor and internal partners in the delivery of retail solutions. Lead technical meetings providing updated status on deliverables.
- Procure accurate and timely information from the POS up to the Business Intelligence applications.
- Design, implement and deliver reports for the leadership.
- Help design, adapt, test and implement Payment Terminal solutions.
- Participate in the release management of different IT platforms, including the installation and monitoring of production releases.
- Support the continuous evolution of retail technology solutions through effective communication across the organization, proactively identifying areas of innovation and improvement.
- Ensure business requirements are met and technical integration is achieved for retail IT solutions.
- Provide production and lower environments support as directed by management.
- Partner with the QA team in integration/system/performance testing in order to ensure high quality solution releases for production.
- Collaborate with the support team and lead problem solving activities for production incidents.
- Coordinate solution development activities with Project Managers.
- Code Repository Management and Technical Design Definition for Change Control
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems with 8+ years of relevant programming skills.
- Previous experience with Azure Hosting and Cloud Technology.
- Must have Xstore Oracle POS technical development experience and deep foundational Xstore framework knowledge of the Oracle POS architecture and Software Suite Xcenter, Customer Engagement, Order Broker, Weblogic, Oracle Linux DB
- Previous Xstore Upgrade Experience is required
- Must have experience integrating with EFT Link to payment system providers
- Experience working with VeriFone, FiPay, VeriFone point is a plus
- Must have experience with an ETL, preferable Skillnet's Store HUB
- Must have experience with managing and utilizing BitBucket, Jenkins, and Eclipse
- Experience with Biztalk, SCCM, BI, MQ
- 5-8 years' experience with Java Python, Oracle Java, JSON, SOAP, and REST API technologies.
- Possess knowledge and expertise in Oracle and SQL Server databases, comfortable with complex queries and PL/SQL language.
- Possess knowledge and expertise in different programming languages and operating systems. Knowledge of the different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and industry best practices.
- Proficiency in flow diagrams and documentation of software requirements.
- Possess knowledge and expertise in the retail business concepts and operations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and understand complex user requirements.
- Strong technical leadership, interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work under firm deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to adapt communications to different audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple concurrent projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to balance delivery speed with high quality solution deliverables.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of SBH may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services and a varied selection of food options at our corporate campus. Also, featured at our corporate campus, is both a Sally Beauty and CosmoProf Professional onsite store, where associates enjoy a great merchandise discount!
At SBH, we remain committed to protecting the health and safety of all our customers and associates and maintain the following COVID-19 Precautions:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.