The Sr. Software Developer is responsible for the enhancement of software solutions to optimally support business processes. This includes the configuration, custom development, installation and updating of business software applications. This senior level position typically works on larger scale projects as the primary developer.
- Develops code solutions to meet business unit needs including application modifications such as custom views, reports, and workflows.
- Attends project meetings and works closely with business analysts to understand application requirements and to report on project progress and obstacles.
- Performs initial configurations and installation of applications and associated servers; supports application updates as needed.
- Documents import procedures and works on release management to deploy items from development to the lab environment.
Assists with the planning and implementation of existing software applications for new business units.
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Working knowledge of development technologies and tools, and software engineering concepts, methodologies and architectural styles.
- Familiarity with Agile and/or Waterfall work environments.
- Excellent organizational, process and project management skills with the ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Developed analytical skills with strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
- Flexibility to provide support during weekend and evening hours as needed.
- 6-8 years experience with application software programming or development.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Banking or financial services industry preferred.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Technology or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- IT related certifications preferred.
- 0% - Negligible amount of travel expected.
- Conditions involve lifting no more than ten pounds, sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, moving, or standing for brief periods, and occasionally lifting and carrying articles like files, ledgers, folders, etc.
Woodforest is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.