The AWS Firmware team drives system innovation in the servers used by all of Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, CloudFront, etc. Our engineers solve the hardest problems that fuse software, hardware, and the cloud. We take big bets on new concepts, enabling AWS services to continue to revolutionize the industry.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Development engineer to build and own the server related firmware. As a senior engineer in this team, you will work with a team of world-class software developers who thrive on creating innovative, scalable solutions for real-world data center infrastructure problems. You will be part of development efforts to build, validate, and support firmware in diverse technology domains from embedded software to large-scale distributed software systems, using proprietary and open source technologies.
Why it matters
Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our software and hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for component customizations that will directly benefit our customers.
Why you will love it
You will work with engineers across the company to build software for the next-generation platform. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 7+ years' experience in software development as an engineer
- 5+ years' experience with software development in C / C++
- Experience developing embedded systems
- Experience with software development for server platforms
- Able to work in a diverse team
- Working knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Shell,
- Understanding of Intel architecture
- Understanding of server platform design and architecture
- Experience with IPMI and BMC development
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us