is a provider of wholesale and audit intelligence in the automotive industry. Datascan's solutions are the most comprehensive in the industry, providing banks, independent finance companies, and captive financial institutions with clarity critical to their success - helping them manage risk while increasing productivity and profits. All of our solutions are web-based and delivered from our state-of-the-art DataScan-managed data centers.
At DataScan, we are looking for talented SDETs who will the bridge between end users and the software developers. In this role SDET will work with manual and automation QA testers in evaluating existing automation framework, building new test frameworks, writing and designing automation scripts from scratch and maintaining automated test scripts to ensure quality control standards are achieved. We need a SDET who wants to take an active part in growing, developing, and implementing automated testing solutions to maximize testing coverage and reduce testing cycle time.
- Evaluate and engage in existing automation framework and provide automation solution for building end to end regression suite
- Develop, execute and maintain automation test scripts to meet software release deliverables, project testing requirements and other quality considerations
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Be an integral part of an Agile Engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, testing engineers and product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
- Help ensure functionality delivered in each sprint is well tested, utilizing automation wherever possible
- Responsible for developing smoke, functional and regression test suites for GUI Front End, API Services and Database backend
- Document, maintain, and monitor software problems
- Recommend strategies and methods to improve test plans and test processes
- Maintain well organized records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results
- Lead projects while mentoring other members of the QA team
- Assist Test Manager in integrating automation methodologies within QA methodologies
Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of recent hands-on practical experience in developing web and/or mobile automation
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance methods and practices
- Deep understanding of manual and automated testing concepts
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle
- Strong Object Oriented Programming Skills
- Must have strong debugging skills and be well organized
- Good experience in testing web applications and web services developed using latest technologies: .NET, JAVA, ASP, C#, XML, Silverlight etc.
- Candidate should have good JAVA development experience
- Hands-on experience with a mix of modern Test Automation tools and frame works, (e.g. Selenium using Java or Java Script and HP Unified Functional Automated Testing tools)
- Service testing experience with Soap and Rest APIs
- Advanced SQL knowledge is a plus
- Experience with UI testing frameworks (i.e. Galen, PhantomCSS, etc) a plus
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins Build Server, Git/Stash, etc.
- Experience with Agile testing methodologies including ATDD and Test Driven Development (TDD) is a plus
- Exposure to performance testing and knowledge of performance testing tools is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills, ability to effectively work with both technical and non-technical resources
- Practical experience using source code control systems, especially GitLab
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA and Confluence