We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client?s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ?own your tomorrow? every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is looking for a Sr. Manager who will be responsible for our Online Security team. This leader will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day running of the team along with recruiting, performance management, career growth and supporting our development, technology and business partners? needs. In addition to this, the leader will be responsible for setting up development best practices, processes and tools to ensure high priority security initiatives are completed with a sense of urgency. Our ideal candidate is a servant leader who can lead multiple parallel initiatives ? big and small - with attention to detail, manage business partner expectation and is passionate about Security technologies. Lastly, they will also be required to manage resources across disparate locations.
What you?ll do:
- Leading technical teams in delivering highly scalable and reliable applications that meet business budgets/timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision.
- Managing day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support agile software development practices; includes the following:Develop and document resourcing roadmaps, budgets and schedules.
- Ensure team is properly engaged, aware of career milestones/path, aware of their role on the team and how it relates to others, lastly aware of their contributions to our overall goals.
- Lead all recruiting activities across the team (create different avenues when necessary)
- Identify and document the roles, tasks, and responsibilities of each team member Assist the 'Run' and 'Support' teams in building durable systems/applications and ensuring a low MTTR (mean time to resolution).
- Identify gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans (both technically & with regards to resources).
- Increase the overall visibility of this team; celebrate/track accomplishments and build relationships with key leaders in other groups.
- Continually strive for improvements in process, talent acquisition/retention, application time-to-market and quality.
- Provide hands-on technical coding and mentoring when necessary (plus)
What you have:
- 4+ years of software development management/leadership experience with at least 1 year focused on Security Technologies.
- Combined 10+ years of hands-on Software development / Project Management / Scrum Master experience.
- Versatile and Deep knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Proficient in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Deep understanding of SDLC, agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and, problem-solving skills with an ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Strong coaching and mentoring experience to build and sustain a high performance team
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required.
- Financial Industry experience (plus)
What you?ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Monday, May 20, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 Apply Here