Sr. Software Engineer- OperationsLocation: RemoteDuration:
***No third-party candidates please - Visa sponsorship is not available currently***
Our client is a luxury consignment and eCommerce company, almost everything they sell is unique and in different conditions. Every day they receive tens of thousands of items to their warehouses. Some of the optimization challenges associated with having unique items with unique conditions are that every item must be photographed, every item must have its unique description, and must be carefully priced based on condition. This presents a unique set of challenges as every item must be treated individually.
- Build tools and technology for the unique challenges of luxury authentication and fraud detection
- Create new and innovative systems, alongside streamlining and optimizing current processes
- Exposure to the latest technology, a ubiquitous data-driven culture, and a team of dedicated individuals ready to collaborate
- Build software tools for better reporting and telemetry on warehouse processes
- Build algorithms and services to price and copywrite items along with Data Science, to require as little human adjustment as possible
- Build tools that will support and streamline the authentication process.
- 5+ Years experience in a Software Engineering role
- Strong understanding in building production-ready web applications and systems
- Fluency with either Ruby or Elixir. **Ruby and Elixir are our primary languages**
- Strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools
- Mastery of git and Github workflows
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
Everest Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil right laws.
- Experience working with machine learning or related technologies
- Experience building Operations and Logistics applications
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Kafka