Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client?s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ?own your tomorrow? every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab has been doing in-house, native mobile development for several years and every business channel in Schwab is increasing their presence on the mobile platform. We are looking to grow our high performing and engaged mobile development team that is passionate about delivering an excellent mobile experience for our users, from features such as checking account balances to performing complex trades. Schwab?s ever growing mobile user base is not only asking for more business features but also interesting visualizations and interactions. Come join the team and make your mark on a highly distributed, visible and valued product.
What you?ll do:
- Analysis, design, coding, testing, troubleshooting, documentation and deployment of Mobile Middleware applications built on Microsoft .NET and .NET Core technologies.
- Ensure the delivery of data via REST APIs hosted on the Shared .NET Platform and Private Cloud
- Deliver enhancements to applications built using ASP.NET Web API and ASP.NET Core based on RESTful architecture that cater to iOS and Android native applications.
- Utilize tools such as Splunk to monitor the systems and ensure they are stable and reliable.
- Contribute to performance analysis, security improvements and overall improvement of user experience.
- Assist in leading the development Scrum team on technical execution.
- Participate in the quality analysis process to reduce the incidence of errors in the mobile applications. Mentor new team members.
- Work closely with our Business partners to identify and define business and technical requirements.
- Design, development and implementation of RESTful web services.
- Ensure timely delivery of technical, project and release deliverables
- As a technical lead on the Team you will provide guidance and support to more junior team members and help to grow the team?s abilities
- Self-directed and able to work with a distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner.
- The candidate will also be expected to monitor production support queues, troubleshoot production issues as well as help identify opportunities for process improvement.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, have the ability to quickly learn new concepts and must be able to interact with all levels of technology and business.
- Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have:
- Bachelors in engineering or relevant field is required.
- 8+ years of experience in successfully designing and deploying enterprise level multi-threaded applications with C# and .NET. Strong focus in Object-Oriented application design & patterns.
- Experience in ASP.NET Web API, LINQ, Async/Await, WCF, XML, REST, JSON, .NET Core.
- Develop Mobile middleware applications with Microsoft .NET technology using C#
- Hands on with Bit bucket, Bamboo, JIRA and Confluence tools
- Code quality improvement through design/code reviews and advanced debugging techniques.
- Experience in SOA, SaaS, REST/Web Services architectures and skills in the areas of unit-testing, performance analysis, debugging, and Secure Software Development Experience creating own unit test programs to verify correct functioning of server applications and services
- Experience with .NET Open Source Technologies (NuGet, Unity, Common Logging) is a plus
- Experience in Agile Scrum development methodology
- Ability to quickly master new technologies w/ creative problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, excellent communication, documentation, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Preferable experience in Micro service design patterns, API Gateways and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
What you?ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Change Management/Release Management-6+ yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Friday, February 22, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 Apply Here