Senior Software Engineer
The client is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join us as a Senior Software Engineer. The position is responsible for design and development of applications to monitor and maintain Client’s world-wide network services. Application functions include alarming, graphing, notification, log processing, and reporting. Reliability, automation and scalability are key since we provide 24/7 support and our service doubles every year.
The ideal candidate will have a strong and diverse background in Java Software Development and system/network operations, specifically on Linux, CentOS, Unix. The candidate should also have knowledge of computing hardware platforms (storage, processors, memory, I/O). Efficient user experience and data visualization are key strengths we plan to maintain. The candidate needs to work with multiple teams (service engineers, operations, and support) to design and implement application features.
A successful candidate for this job will have extensive technical breadth and depth expertise in the following areas:
- At least 7 years of experience with Java application development
- At least 7 years of experience with Linux, Unix, CentOS
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in troubleshooting complex IT server and application issues
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or an equivalent major
- Java, MySQL, Python, shell programming techniques
- Demonstrated ability to design and code critical systems projects
- Strong abilities in software and systems test and debug
- Investigation and recommendation of alternative techniques and efficiency improvements
- Software should be developed with reuse, low maintenance, reliability, and extensibility in mind
- Experience with big data technology and commercial clouds is a plus
- Experience with analytics is a plus
2001 Gateway Place Suite 150W CA, 95110