This Senior Developer/Architect position will provide leadership and ownership in design and development of digital software initiatives to drive business automation and digitization. They will design, develop, document, test, and debug new software initiatives, and serve as a technical expert on development projects where needed. They will also be responsible for establishing appropriate technology and reference platform standards and guidelines for software development; research, recommend, and implement software solutions to support business goals and growth; and apply ingenuity to develop rapid solutions that prove value through technology.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to)
• Plan, design, and coordinate small to large-scale software application projects.
• Translate concepts and develop rapid proof of concepts that could be taken to market quickly.
• Utilize a 'big picture' view of business needs to prioritize development projects and ensure consistency in security, performance, manageability, and quality across the software architecture.
• Recommend appropriate set of software products, integrations, and design solutions to meet business needs.
• Create, review, and prepare architecture design documents including solution definition, business requirements, cost estimate, and project timeline if needed
• Ensure software designs and implementations adhere to establish standards, practices, and quality.
• Leads end-user reviews of deployed software solutions; gather, analyze, and recommend changes or enhancements for future releases.
• Monitor trends in technology; research, validate, and build recommendations to implement new technologies, frameworks, or methodologies.
• Provide technical expertise to business, developers, and others throughout the software development life cycle.
• Develop, code, modify, and debug new or existing software applications.
• Write technical specifications based on design concept and business requirements.
• Review, analyze, and construct detailed functional design, technical design, or application prototype to meet business requirements.
• Create and execute unit, end-to-end, and integration testing; lead user acceptance testing, as required.
• Integrate existing software applications into new or modified systems or operating environments.
• Troubleshoot highly technical or complex software application issues through root-cause analysis; apply fixes in a timely manner and recommend improvements for future modifications.
• Maintain functional and technical documentation including all modifications.
• May coordinate the tasks of less experienced Software Developers or the output of work produced by third-party professional services company.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, the person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
• Iterative development methodologies such as Agile
• Amazon Web Service (AWS) tools
• Advanced skill in open-source framework tools such as Entity Framework or Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
• Experience with user interface (UI) tools such as Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF, Angular, bootstrap)
• Expertise in middleware tools such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or BizTalk
• Experience in one or more programming language(s) such as COBOL, VB.NET
, JAVA, UML, Microsoft .Net, C#, SQL, Angular
• Microsoft Office suite
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Superb communication (written and oral), interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet deadlines