Job ID: 2114816 Location:
STERLING , VA , US Date Posted:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public TrustPotential for Remote Work:
NoDescription Title: Sr. Software Engineer/Developer - Tech Lead Job Location: Sterling VA Job Description
You will be a member of the team supporting the Land Border Integration (LBI) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program. The position will be supporting the various border security efforts of CBP and may include: biometric technologies such as facial recognition, RFID enabled documents, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, IoT, and other border security technologies. Come and join our team so you too can contribute in making our borders even safer than they are today. Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a directly related field is required Minimum of 15 years' experience (or masters equivalent)
Day to day activities:
Qualifications Technical Skills (not all required):
- Lead team organization and project meetings to include Agile SCRUM practices, customer, and team daily stand-ups.
- Design and develop .Net applications including middleware applications, user interface applications (java script framework), and web services applications
- May also include developing and integrating with Microsoft SQL server databases
- Develop software design documentation which may include design diagrams, data flow diagrams, software module descriptions, etc.
- Use Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools to include Microsoft Visual Studio and GIT
- Manage software testing activities to include data setup, defect troubleshooting and resolution
- Provide Tier 3 / 4 engineering support, as needed, for solutions deployed to production
Distributed system design and development with Microsoft C# .NET environment Required Skills:
- Middleware and User Interface driven applications
- Multi-threaded applications; Exception handling
- Integration with hardware devices and vendor SDKs
- Web Services development
Nice to have:
- node.js / NPM / Yarn
- SASS, LESS and CSS Skills
- HTTP(S) stack • Webpack, Babel, Polyfill, etc.
- NET Core 2.x • ASP.NET Web API, RESTFul HTTP Programming
- EF Core
- Code First with Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- Git, Git Tools and SVN
- Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
Soft Skills/Other Requirements:
- PowerShell, Python and/or Bash
- Docker and Linux experience
- AWS experience
- Mobile platform development
- Agile development
- Excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environments across a diverse set of projects with multiple stakeholders
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Delivery mindset
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a CBP Public Trust.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.