Sr. Software Engineer, Data Platform
Senior Engineer, Data/Computer Vision Sunnyvale, CA
$225-$240K annual comp with a 20% sign on bonus
Our client is a R&D division of a larger well known mechanical products company in Sunnyvale that is looking for multiple different roles mixing Software, Embedded, Data, and Systems within a Cloud Infrastructure. The company is dealing with things in the Data Sciences and Industry 4.0 realm and needs people passionate and able to evolve their core skillset to this combination of technologies.
They utilize robotics, computer vision and machine learning to enable customer to understand and manage every work cycle. These machines help customers to improve profitability, reduce pollutants, and capture valuable product data.Position Description
As our data platform SME, you'll collaborate with a team of engineers to design, prototype and build the data platform for Blue River technologies. You will own various parts of our data storage, transport and processing components from strategies through to implementation. You will be using a combination of the latest data warehouse technologies available inside and outside of the AWS ecosystem. The tools you develop will enable researchers and roboticists to monitor, analyze and introspect our robotics and perception systems. You will be our domain expert in ensuring the constant flow of data from robots to our engineers and research scientists.Role Responsibilities:
Required Professional Skills & Experience:
- Owner of core data pipeline for our growing arrays of sensor data, ranging from speedometer to LiDAR
- Design and architect data models and schema to satisfy the growing and evolving needs across all of Blue River
- Develop tools in support for self-service data operations: ETL, exploration, inference
- Work side by side with roboticists, software engineers, and research scientists in transforming prototypes into efficient, reliable products.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years building production level software, high reliability system preferred
- Proficient with Python and Scala
- Proficient with ETL related technologies: Spark/MapReduce, Arrow, Airflow, and ML Flow
- Experience with Hadoop related technologies, such s HDFS, Hive, Pig
- Experience AWS ecosystem: e.g., EMR, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Experience with configuration/deployment tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with advanced query optimization
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Strong under-the-hood understanding of databases, such as MongoDB, and Postgres SQL
- Experience working with Jupyter Notebook and its associated ecosystem.
- Experience working with nD image processing systems
- Experience productizing ML frameworks: e.g., Tensorflow, Pytorch
- Masters or PhD in quantitative disciplines.
If you are interested send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prime Team Partners is an equal opportunity employer. Prime Team Partners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.