Sr. Software Engineer, Data SecurityJob Description:
Secure sensitive data wherever it flows-on premises, in the cloud, and in big data analytic platforms. Voltage encryption delivers data privacy protection, neutralizes data breach, and drives business value through secure data use.
Working on Voltage you will develop and maintain our server product which involves constant focus on system level security (think operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools). You will be developing and deploying both on-premises and cloud-based application services. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Typically 3+ years of experience
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems, design tools and languages. Java and Python languages preferred .
- Expertise in containers, Kubernetes and cloud deployment in at least one cloud platform such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in building cloud-aware SaaS systems.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Understanding of concepts such as CI/CD, regression testing, load testing.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status