Optum connects the brightest people, places and ideas across the health care ecosystem to create better care. We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for our Enterprise Clinical Technology Team.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Development of scripting software to read and store data
- Development of business rules logic to manipulate data in standard formats for loading to downstream systems
- Design and documentation of functions
- Ability to unit, system and performance test all code
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Perl experience
- 3+ years of Unix experience: Korn shell or variants, Unix environment commands and scripting
- 3+ years Source control experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience via command line or a windows-based tool
- 3+ years of relational database experience
Technology Careers with Optum
- MS Visio
- MS Excel
- DB Visualizer or Advanced Query Tool
- Oracle database experience
. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Unix, Perl, SQL, Software Engineer , Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote