Sr. Software Engineer, SecurityJob Description:
The Voltage SecureData solution provides protection of data, specifically credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, and other sensitive data stored in databases and applications. The Voltage SecureData solution enables enterprises to ensure that sensitive data residing in databases and used in applications is protected as it is collected, used, stored, and distributed to less controlled environments. Voltage SecureData provides a comprehensive solution for data protection that offers data de-identification, data masking, and data redaction with minimal changes to the underlying systems. Voltage SecureData lets you use Format Preserving Encryption (FPE), embedded Format Preserving Encryption (eFPE), tokenization, Identity-Based Encryption (IBE), or Identity-Based Symmetric Encryption (IBSE) to provide a complete solution for data protection and masking. About This Role:
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compilers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects. Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 5-8 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in Java programming
- C or Cprogramming skillset
- Windows and Linux system calls
- Multi-threaded applications both on Linux and windows
- Familiarity with TLS and openSSL and good understanding of TCP/IP protocol
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and tools.
- Experience and familiarity with micro-services architecture.
- Experience and familiarity with Virtualization platforms such as VMWare and ESXi.
- Experience and familiarity with Docker containers, Kubernetes and Helm.
- Must be great with Python
- Quick learner, self-motivation
- Understand server/client development
- Good communication verbally and written
- Good team player
- Good understanding of encryption technologies
- Excellent debugging, triage and troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status