Sr. Software Engineer - AppSec (Java)Job Description:LOCATION = PST, MST, CST, EST - REMOTE - HOME OFFICE
Micro Focus's ArcSight division, is a leading global provider of Compliance and Security Management solutions that protect enterprises, education and governmental agencies. ArcSight helps customers comply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguard their assets and processes and control risk. The ArcSight platform collects and correlates user activity and event data across the enterprise so that businesses can rapidly identify, prioritize and respond to compliance violations, policy breaches, cyber security attacks, and insider threats. ArcSight is a leader in security and compliance management solutions that intelligently identify and mitigate business risk for enterprises. ArcSight provides the industry's only vendor-neutral solution for real time intelligent identification, prioritization and network response to external security attacks, insider threats and compliance breaches.
- Job Responsibilities
- Self-driven and passion for making an impact
- Designing and building high quality enterprise-level software architecture and products for near real-time security event processing and analysis
- Leading and driving design and development of complex problems/projects, that span across the product portfolio, and require an in-depth evaluation of multiple variables
- Gather and analyze user requirements and convert them to technical specifications
- Active participation in design discussions, implementation, code reviews, dev testing, and feedback-analysis cycles
- Troubleshooting customer issues with passion
- Identifying areas of product quality and performance improvements
- Collaborating seamlessly with fellow team members and cross-team members to work towards common software development goals
- Responsible individual with a clear thought process, who can communicate effectively with good verbal and written communication skills, and with the ability to efficiently translate those thoughts into actions
- Education and Experience Required
- B.S. C.S. or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, OOPs concepts
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working in core Java and advanced Java software development, including multi-threading, RESTful APIs, etc...
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing, and performance tuning, with real-time data streaming and processing models and/or frameworks, i.e. Kafka, Spark, Storm, etc...
- Hands-on experience with containerization and large scale deployment orchestration technologies, i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, etc...
- Hands-on experience with heap dumps, memory dumps, memory analysis tools, for troubleshooting and performance improvements
- Hands-on experience with version control systems, i.e. Git, Perforce, etc...
- Hands-on experience with issue tracking systems, i.e. JIRA, Octane, etc...
- Hands-on experience with build tools and technologies, i.e. Gradle, Jenkins, Ant, etc...
- Hands-on experience with scripting tools and technologies, i.e. bash, etc...
- Desired Experience
- M.S. C.S. degree or equivalent
- Hands-on experience designing and building enterprise-level high performance and scalable distributed systems
- Hands-on experience designing and building Enterprise Security Event Management Systems
- Familiarity with Agile working methodologies
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status