Waitr seeks a Sr. Software Engineer - Platform.
We're looking for someone who:
- has several years of experience building highly available backend services that can handle millions of users.
- has hands-on experience in software engineering and you are up-to-date on best practices.
- is excited to explain complex technical concepts and share your knowledge with diverse audiences both internally and externally.
- can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- loves helping mentor fellow engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- has a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- has experience with one or more Cloud Platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- has experience writing well tested, clean code and building CI/CD pipelines to deliver solutions as quickly as possible.
Bonus points if you:
- have production experience with machine learning algorithms.
- have production experience with engineering streaming data pipelines for offline analytics.
Our highly-caffeinated Engineering Team builds the framework of the Waitr experience one line of code at a time. They maintain all our products, collect data, measure impact, build new features, release improvements, and vet new products to improve our services.
Here's how you'll be spending your week:
- You’ll be maintaining and building new microservices in node.js
- You’ll build and automate test plans that provide > 90% test coverage on test services.
- You’ll document services and automate generation of client SDKs with Swagger.
- You’ll provision new AWS infrastructure and maintain existing infrastructure with Terraform modules.
- You’ll contribute to the continued evolution of Waitr’s technical stack.
Is it worth it? Let us perk it.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re reinventing the dining experience.
- We support and encourage continual learning through sponsoring conference attendance and ongoing learning subscriptions.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun work environment.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Nine paid company holidays.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Standard issue latest generation Macbook Pro (or an equivalent substitute of your choice.)
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an important part of the culture at Waitr. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Get ready to do the best work of your life here at Waitr!
WAITR is an app based restaurant platform that connects restaurants and guests. Guests scroll restaurant menus, customize an order, modify any item, add people to a group order, split the check, choose delivery or carryout, and with the push of a button, have an order in their hands.
WAITR has transformed the way restaurants reach people & the way people choose restaurants. The WAITR delivery team & on-demand delivery platform differentiates itself from the pack by being built by hospitality professionals for hospitality professionals. Over half a million orders have been handed to happy people by smiling WAITRs.