Wilmington, DE Salary:
Starting at $140,000 Description: Our Client is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer - Front End/UI Developer!
For more information or to apply for this position, please reach out to Holly at Please include a copy of your current resume. Thank you! Position Type:
Direct Hire/Permanent Location:
Wilmington, DEWork Setting:
ONSITE (three days onsite per week)Compensation Range:
Starting at $140,000 (commensurate with experience) Summary:
Provides designs, specifies information systems solutions and the highest-level technical direction in the development of new or existing applications to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Serves as a principal application designer for critical components and major modifications effectively using analytical and technical skills, available technology, and tools in the evaluation of client requirements and processes. Provides solutions that are technologically sound. Often directs and monitors the activities of less experienced personnel. Role Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Complete and oversee the most complex systems analysis, design, and development efforts.
- Play a key role as a leader and individual contributor on complex projects.
- Provide the highest-level analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist the client areas and Company in meeting their short-term business goals and long-term strategic objectives.
- Direct and monitor less experienced resources and coordinate development tasks for any scope project.
- Prepare and manage the technical component of project plans.
- Confer with other Development, operations staff, and Technology staff in overall systems development direction from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
- Prepare and review test data and execute detailed test plans.
- Complete any required debugging.
- Evaluate and understand highly complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms.
- Prepare thorough, clear technical and functional specifications and update systems documentation.
- Prepare charts, tables, and diagrams to assist in analyzing problems.
- Review documentation prepared by less experienced staff.
- Prepare and review assessments to include required tasks, estimated time frames and effort for any scope project.
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications.
- Recommend new technology, policies, or processes to benefit the organization and improve deficiencies.
- Lead or participate in technical evaluations of vendor software.
- Follow and promote use of development standards and procedures.
- Maintain high level of technical aptitude and expert working knowledge of the supporting application(s), development environments and the supported client environment.
- Assist in developing expense and capital budgets.
- Monitor employee performance and may prepare annual appraisals.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies, and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Company's brand.
- Maintain Company's internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.
The position works under supervision of Technology management. The jobholder is competent to work independently on all high-level systems analysis and technical phases of development. The position is capable of managing the activities of others on any scope project and often leads project activities. The jobholder monitors staff performance on assigned projects related to their overall abilities and effectiveness in completing projects within schedules. The position participates in the development of less experienced staff. The position interacts with senior management, other technology personnel, clients, and vendors. The jobholder provides backup to higher management as required and may be called upon to serve as a technical representative on committees, ad-hoc projects, etc. Qualifications & Requirements:
- Experience with front-end tooling workflows: Node.js (NPM), SASS/SCSS, WebPack, Angular-CLI
- Experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) patterns
- Extensive experience working with dependency injection, templates, validations, linting, model typecasting, state management, and debugging tools
- Experience with mobile iOS and Android app development (Swift, Java , Kotlin)
- Familiar with application development software and hardware platforms
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent project management, word processing and spreadsheet software
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Capable of working on multiple projects of a complex nature
- Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong lateral thinking skills
- Experience coordinating between applications and business units
- Experience recommending and implementing system solutions
- Experience driving project milestones and delivery dates
- Proven mentoring and leadership capabilities from a project management perspective
- Subject matter expert in business with knowledge or experience utilizing application/system being supported
- Mastered understanding of applications supported with an advanced knowledge of interfacing/integrated applications
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
- Mastered knowledge and focus of the entire system to work on projects outside of normal business-as-usual (BAU)
- Minimum of an Associate's degree
- 6+ years systems analysis/application development experience
- In lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years' systems analysis/application development experience
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com