At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT—fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage.
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps | IT Operations| Cloud | Security | Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
ArcSight, a Micro Focus company, is seeking an ambitious software engineer who possesses a strong understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies as well as object-oriented design and development experience. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to work as a key developer within a team that is responsible for server-side design and development of ArcSight flagship product.
In this role you will:
- Help design and develop the next generation of ArcSight SIEM platform.
- Work with Java and other related technologies to design, develop and integrate new features into existing high-performance applications.
- Contribute to architecture, tools, standards and practices.
- Produce high quality, efficient design and implementation on time.
- Participate in maintaining code ownership areas.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver quality product.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, mentoring and communication skills.
- 5+ years Java server-side development experience.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science such as data structures, computational algorithms and concurrency.
- Strong familiarity with OO design and development methodologies.
- Fluency in Java; experience in designing and developing Java-based server-side applications.
- Understanding of RDBMS, hands-on JDBC experience.
- Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience in building high-performance scalable systems is a plus.
- Prior experience with distributed / real-time systems preferred.
- Experience with agile development practices is a plus.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently or as a team member in a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
- Effective communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics; MS preferred