Nexidia is looking for a quality-minded Java software engineer to help evolve our big data frameworks for voice and text analytics. This team's system provides bedrock functionality for most of our products, so be prepared to learn your way around a large, mature codebase. And keep your creative juices flowing, because we're always on the lookout for refactoring opportunities to make the architecture cleaner, simpler, and more maintainable. Plus we have a backlog of new features to add along the way.
* 5 years professional server-side Java development
* Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
* Experience with automated unit- and integration-level testing
* REST interfaces (principles and implementation)
* Windows development
* Provide and review component-level software designs consistent with product requirements, architectural specifications, and project standards
* Implement software designs with automated unit and integration tests
* Recommend test cases to QA and Performance Test teams
* Respond to escalated requests for production support, including off-hours in emergency situations
* Participate in agile software development lifecycle, to include providing ideas for refinement
* Experience with java.util.concurrent package
* Contributions to a major open source project
* Experience with asynchronous programming, Gradle, Derby, Jersey, Jetty, JMX, WiX, MSI
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT CURRENTLY OFFERED.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.