Terrific Permanent Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Our client,a leader in the hospitality industry, leverages cutting edge technology to welcome every guest, every partner, everywhere their journey takes them. They use technology to streamline the interaction withtheir guestsand partners. Software Engineering is a critical element in achieving greater efficiency, scale, and innovation or their business application portfolio - now and into the future.. Term
: Permanent Location
: Scottsdale,AZ Salary:
$125K (DOE) Job Description THE SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER MUST HAVE:
- A high level of technical competence and the skill set necessary to address all areas of software engineering, problem resolution, solution architecture and system implementation.
- Knowledge on cross functional technology and knows the core elements in each division and/or domain.
- Hands-on; serves as the technical leader for development initiatives and primarily guides the team in the design, architecture and technology vision and actively participates in the development, testing, and delivery of high-quality software.
- A thorough understanding of web user interfaces, integration middleware, distributed applications, and others.
This is an individual contributor which will help drive when, where, and how technology is used to solve complex problems. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and leads a team of Engineers. Interacts regularly with IT leadership, such as Directors, Business Solution Planning, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, and Business stakeholders. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
RESEARCH, BEST PRACTICES, AND INDUSTRY VISIBILITY:
- Provides technical leadership to all the teams in the domain to drive architecture, design, and code quality in alignment with vision and direction set for the department. Actively participates within a scrum team to design, develop, test and deploy software.
- Owner and reviewer of new initiatives for Company Standard Development Platform along with other Senior Engineers and PSEs.
- Understands and assists in determining the role of the department in the overall corporate strategy and sets objectives that are aligned with this role.
- Promotes and ensures a high level of technical excellence in our IT development staff that is in keeping with a high-performing organization.
- Maintains continual communication with assigned project teams, verifying what was designed was built and adjusting the solution architecture as appropriate throughout the project.
- Helps define and promotes best practices and guidelines to ensure continuous improvement in resilience, quality, scalability and performance within the engineering staff.
- Ensures that standards are followed for technical excellence, including relevant certifications.
- Helps ensure Engineers have the relevant training and tools required to perform optimally within a high-performing organization and to deliver quality software products.
- Anticipates future technology needs based on business requirements and participates in the selection and rollout of new technologies and tools.
- Helps to define relevant technical skills needed, including patterns, security, resilience, programming languages, certifications, performance, software design, documentation, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Researches new technologies and maps how they apply to current and future business needs.
- Consistently able to reduce the complexity of projects, services, and processes for better efficiency.
- Shapes broad architecture; ships multiple large services, complex libraries or major pieces of infrastructure.
- Gives internal presentations on current Company core technologies and standard development best practices. Coordinates other presentations and seminars.
- Multiplies the effectiveness of others by facilitating cross-team/cross-department work.
- Sets short to medium-term strategic technical direction, able to look ahead 6-12 months and identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them.
- Keeps up on industry trends and current technological standards and development best practices.
- Capable of representing the technical interests of Company Hotels in external forums and conferences.
- Drives adoption of identified design patterns, standards, principles, and best practices throughout their assigned project teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field, from a four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant industry certification, such as TOGAF, or similar is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in software development, information systems, or equivalent technical environment, including previous experience in the development of highly transactional, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
- Expert in all aspects of the software development lifecycle: design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support.
- Expert level knowledge of agile software development methodologies, Service Oriented Architecture and object-oriented programming methodologies.
- Expert in software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Expert level ability to establish the department's technical direction and supervise in its implementation.
- Strong oral, written, presentation and listening communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Strong reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture concepts, web/RESTful services, and event-driven architecture.
- Experience with one of the mobile technologies like Objective-C or Swift, Android SDK or iOS SDK frameworks is desired.
- Experience with AWS is desired.
- Experience in e-commerce domain and/or hospitality industry is desired.
- Expertise in web and/or distributed application design.
- Experience in Version control such as Git and Stash.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Delivery toolkits such as Jenkins/Puppet.
- Balances long-term strategy and short-term project goals
- Technical leader who is actively sought out by peers
- Able to lead and mentor technical resources to obtain architectural and technology consistency across applications
- Courage to push difficult or unpopular perspectives
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way non-technical people understand without being condescending
- Self-starter who solves complex technology and operational problems/issues independently
- Business/Application Knowledge - demonstrates deep knowledge/expertise in multiple and inter-dependent applications and processes
- High energy and drive. Laser-focused on delivery with strategic-thinking, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation and motivational skills
- Able to serve as evangelist of the technical designs, guidelines and principles
- Subject matter expert across multiple technologies and architectures
- Remains unbiased toward any specific vendor or technology and is more interested in results than personal preferences
- Ability to make effective decision, even under pressure and while lacking all of the desired information detail
- Ability to communicate technical information in an appropriate manner for widely varied audiences (from management to individual contributors on software development teams)
- Ability to uphold Company's Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect