Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch ™ system and the Nintendo 3DS ™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System ™ , Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy ™ , Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS ™ family of systems, Super NES ™ , Nintendo 64 ™ , Nintendo GameCube ™ , Wii ™ and Wii U ™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
Nintendo Technology Development’s compiler team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on Nintendo’s compiler and system tools team. This developer will work on the compiler and related tools used by our internal and external teams. We’re looking for a developer that is passionate about building tools for developers and finding ways to improve productivity for other software developers. The ability to discuss nuances of the C/C++ languages as well details of compiler behavior is necessary. Experience contributing to LLVM or other production compilers is a plus.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provides engineering leadership to technical staff.
- Participates at a high level in the development of overall engineering strategies.
- Design and implement software for Nintendo platform and development environment tools.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software.
- Create, implement, and test Windows and Linux host software. Provide feedback to hardware design for optimization of entire system performance and usability.
- Create concise, easy to read documents to facilitate efficient game development.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems for development and server applications
- Drives and devises the testing process through test strategy and test plan creation, use-case testing, review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Uses advanced techniques and technology for realization of software.
- Operates as an independent engineer.
- Up to 10% travel; domestic and international. Valid passport required for international travel.