Direct Client Requirement
Role- Sr. Software Engineer
Location- Princeton, NJ
We are looking for a senior software engineer experienced in building high performing micro-services and REST APIs using Microsoft .Net Core and NodeJS.
Additionally, they must also have deep understanding of Big Data / Analytics technologies like Apache Spark, Kafka, Data Lakes, and running/consuming machine learning models.
We are developing innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud and are building a team of top-notch software engineers to create our next generation Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning platform.
You ll be joining a team responsible for using cutting-edge technologies to modernize our data acquisition, data processing workflows, data analytics and automation methods.
You should be passionate about technology and love learning new technologies and implementing high quality, highly scalable global solutions. We want you to bring your excitement and technical expertise to deliver high quality work and continuously improve the ways we can better leverage Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
Most importantly you should bring new thinking, love technology, and be excited to help us take our vision to the next level.
This is just the beginning of Big Data Analytics and Machine Learning and we need you to help us define the future and get us there a huge opportunity awaits!
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Be a full stack developer across the UI, service, data access & data layers of an application
- Design and develop micro-service based server applications, REST APIs and distributed processing systems that are highly scalable and performant
- Trouble shoot performance and concurrency issues
- Be an active member of a scrum team analyzing user stories, specifying estimates, defining tasks, developing and testing solutions
- Identify and build automated solutions for the acquisition, processing and management of data that would otherwise require manual effort
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale
- Build the API layer to access Machine Learning Models
- Ensures application design, development schedule, and implementation meet or exceed documented application scope/timeline, while adhering to established standards
- Mentor junior development staff in the art of building software systems.
- Bring new ideas in cloud, big data, and machine learning software development
- Leverage industry knowledge and stay close to technology developments in the open-source and cloud communities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Practice Agile development methodology
Education: Bachelor s Degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: 7+
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 7+ years experience building solutions using Microsoft .Net, C#
- Must have built microservices based solutions using Microsoft .Net Core, C#
- 2+ years experience in building responsive applications using ReactJS, NodeJs
- Must have solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns
- Must have experience troubleshooting performance and concurrency issues
- Hands on knowledge of Azure components like Azure Data Lake Store, SQL Server, HDInsight, Web Jobs, Functions, Key vault, Data Factory is preferred
- Experience with Big Data technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Scala, R is a big plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB is a big plus
- Experience with caching technologies like Redis is a plus
- Must have experience writing unit tests and experience with source control management and defect tracking systems, such as VSTS
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows
- Outstanding communicator with both business and technology audiences
- Extensive experience working across teams and operating in an Agile Scrum culture
- Must be able to operate with minimal oversight and operate within a self-organizing scrum team.
- Experience with continuous delivery and using agile techniques
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership
- Passionate for making things better and driving action
- Desire to understand our businesses and users
- Experience with statistical platforms is a plus, such as R and SAS.
- Experience with other visualization tools is a plus, such as Tableau