Position Title: Fullstack engineer
Project Scope / Business Need: Sr Full Stack Developer
Duties: Coding and working collaboratively with the team
Number of Openings: 3
Ideal Years of Experience: 7+
• Java - algorithms, data structures, design patterns, java coding best practices
• Spring boot - distributed systems, understanding microservices architecture
• Front end - react/angular, ember is the legacy stack they will convert to react. Really any front end is okay
• Soft skills - attitude/culture, really wants to learn new things, "win together" no egos
Nice to Have:
• Kafka - RabbitMQ, kinesis, any messaging platform is okay
• AWS - EKS, Ec2, Docker, Kubernetes, manage dependencies in containers Responsibilities:
As part of our dynamic team of Software Engineers, you will:
- Build best in class application software and services for our SaaS technology Platform
- Design, code, test and debug application features as specified
- Partner with Software Lead, Development Team and Product Owner to deliver high quality, highly performant application features
- Work with Agile software team to scope work and produce estimates
- Leverage Agile principles and practices to deliver the right solution, at the right feature velocity
- Leverage and grow your technology expertise as you implement innovative solutions
- BS. degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years' experience building great software, preferably on SaaS or Platform products
- Solid understanding of data structures and OO design
- Strong experience using Java, ideally with Spring/Hibernate.
- Experience working within a distributed and/or micro-services architecture (e.g., Spring Boot, Docker)
- Ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of designing and implementing micro-service applications and RESTful APIs
- Strong database skills across a variety of technologies (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB , Snowflake/Redshift) a plus.
- Experience using tools such as Pivotal, GitHub, Jenkins/CruiseControl
- Understands fundamentals of Agile methodologies - iterative development, SCRUM, UAT, continuous integration.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, unit and integration testing.
- An understanding of Telematics, Mapping Applications, or Mobile Resource Management is a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or