Remote Senior Software Engineer Contract to Hire Overview:
As a Remote Senior Software Engineer, you will report directly to the Head of Engineering and work closely with a small team of engineers, turning proof-of-concept projects into products that will transform the future of retail shopping. This role requires you to have solid machine learning, computer vision, and engineering skills. Specialization in quantization of computer vision models and performing inference on low powered devices such as development boards or mobile phones is essential. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will leverage your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate the needs of our customers before they walk in the door. You'll be pioneering technologies that reinvent the customer and associate experience, new ways of working, and new ways of shopping.
If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Software Engineer role could be the fit you've been looking for.What You'll Do
Must Haves (Concepts and Tools):
- Join a newly created team as one of the early engineers and will have significant opportunity to make an impact by prototyping next-generation online and in-store inventory experiences
- Lead discovery phases to come up with high-level designs, partnering with product management to forecast business and operational issues (impact, criticality, root cause)
- Design, prototype and build new and innovative experiences that leverage the capabilities of computer vision.
- Develop innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading with internal technical teams and partnering with cross-functional teams
- Develop assessments of key opportunities, documenting, communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization
- Resolve technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
- 2+ years' experience in computer vision
- 3+ years' overall agile software development, preferably in one or more of the following areas:
- AR/VR, surveillance, inventory tracking, autonomous vehicles
- Python, Java, Kotlin, and C++
- Experience with two or more of the following frameworks/libraries: PyTorch, OpenCV, Keras, TensorFlow, Cuda, SciPy, NumPy, BoofCV
- Experience with low-powered devices such as development boards: raspberry pi, Arduino, Coral, Jetson, etc. or mobile phones.
- Experience working in small teams/incubators
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or