Job#: 1255446 Job Description:
Apex Systems is seeking candidates for a San Diego based Sr. Software Engineer with an emphasis on Back-End technologies.
This role is a 6 month contract-to-hire position. Resource will be required to sit onsite in San Diego 3 days per week and remote 2 days per week.
Please apply to the posting if you're interested in learning more. Job Title
: Senior Java DeveloperAbout the Role
Responsible for owning modification and maintenance of software applications with large scope. Will work across the IT function on different projects including analysis and design.
- Maintain and enhance software applications under supervision of a manager or technical lead.
- Participate in other application development projects, as assigned.
- Other application development projects, as assigned.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's in Technology/Engineering or similar degree
- 5 plus years professional experience with minimum 5 years of programming experience (relevant programming languages: Java); Spring Boot 3 years+; hands on experience setting up and using CI/CD (continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment)
- Strong understanding on Microservices architecture
- Knowledge of AWS or other Cloud platforms
- Database knowledge (i.e. RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2 (minimal one))
- Understanding of Agile (Scrum) project management methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Strong communication skills
- Master's or Advanced in Technology/Engineering or equivalent degree
- Full stack development experience; JS based client-side framework - React.JS, NoSQL experience, event driven and microservice architecture experience; mobile app development (iOS or Android)
- Database knowledge
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at