At Berkadia we are redefining the industry with long-term investments in people and technology that deliver actionable insights and create the best customer experience. From acquisition to disposition, we service all commercial property types including multifamily, retail, office, industrial, affordable housing, seniors housing, hotels, student housing, and manufactured housing.
What you'll look forward to doing:
· Analyze requirements and collaborate with the product owners, team members and architects to design and implement solutions
· Use TDD practices to build and test code to validate functionality against requirements and to ensure quality software
· Document designs and code to the right level to accurately estimate complexity and time in an agile fashion
· Iterate through incremental software development lifecycle wherein priorities, requirements and scope evolve, sometimes rapidly, over time and often mid-project (be agile)
· Demonstrate self-development by staying current with new technology and design patterns
· 8-10 years of development experience
· Development using MEAN OR MERN stack with React.js, Angular 7.0 and a Node backend (.NET, PHP, Java experience all OK, as long as you're open to learning Node.js!)
· An understanding of developing software (both frontends and backend), and an understanding of software development practices in an enterprise environment
· Experience using difference SaaS technologies/stacks/modules and understanding of which are best when implementing RESTful microservices, with an emphasis on latest Node/Express and unit testing using Mocha/Chai
· An understanding of relational (SQL) and non-relational databases (NoSQL)
· Able to use version control (git) and other build, packaging & release management tools
· Passionate about developing quality products that exceed users’ expectations
· Proficient following Scrum Methodologies and other Agile practices and a willingness to “be agile”
· Understanding of development best practices including TDD, CI/CD
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical, problem solving skills and reporting skills; and you still have to be cool!
Reputable Developer Boot Camp, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
· Ability to work in an environment with high degree of ambiguity (previous start-up like experience could be helpful)
· Honesty, integrity, even when it is hard. Seriously though.
· Fun and collaborative
· Willing to mentor team members, and willing to learn from team members
What someone will need to be successful in this role
· Ability to adhere to Berkadia’s policies and exhibit proficiency and understanding of Berkadia’s Values
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to organization policies and procedures
· Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency
· 18 PTO days + 2 floating holidays & 10 paid holidays per year
· Generous tuition reimbursement towards a Masters or Bachelors degree
· 401K match up to 6%
· 12 weeks of 100% paid paternity/maternity leave
· Mentorship with industry professionals
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
We believe people matter. In fact, our people are the heart and soul of everything we do here. That’s why we employ the top CRE professionals in our industry, and make sure we invest in their personal development and training. With a focus on innovation and insights, we set the bar high - and keep it there - so that we provide best-in-class service for our clients.
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Senior Engineer, Software