Incredibly our corporate partner has built a very innovative internal software engineering development team (20+ people) focused on delivering exciting new innovative platforms and capabilities to the business. They are just scratching the surface of what they want to accomplish in business and technology innovation, even outside of the industry and into the community. The opportunities are endless.
***Members of this team work on a variety of projects based on their individual skills and there are a few Team Lead positions open contributing across these projects.
Example of Innovative Project: Rolling out one of the largest Kubernetes deployments in the industry to support Internet of Things and Edge Computing.
In the Software Engineering Sr. Team Lead role, you’ll serve as a team leader, problem solver, mentor, and expert software engineer. You will need to apply the technical experience you have gained in software development to the design, development, and delivery of highly engineered, complex technical products, serving to both oversee your team and contribute hands-on as a team member.
You will not be responsible for HR management of your team, though – you’ll rather be able to focus on the technical aspects of
your team’s growth and delivery.
Job Responsibilities & Activities:
- Guide engineering team in adoption of company software engineering standards
- Provide technical leadership to your team
- Lead, assess and mentor a team of software engineers
- Delegate engineering assignments & assess engineering performance
- Identify & propose emerging software engineering technologies, methodologies and/or approaches
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 8+ years of related professional experience
- Experience mentoring and leading a team
- Software Engineer at heart, passion for hands-on engineering
Preferred Qualifications: *Individual skills will dictate project & product ownership
- Experience with TDD, CI/CD, agile, or similar software development practices
- Experience working within or leading a DevOps team with comfort running and supporting the product you build
- Proficiency in UNIX
- Production experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with managing large scale distributed software deployments
- Experience with large-scale Internet of Things (IOT)deployments
- Experience with service mesh architectures
- Experience with Prometheus, Jaeger, Elastisearch, Grafana, or other tools for observability in distributed systems.
Minimum Years of Experience: 8+
Required Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Compensation, Perks, and Culture:
- Very competitive executive level compensation + fully paid medical and dental benefits, 401k matched, pension plan+great perks i.e: start of the art headquarter facility with fitness center, dry clean, free daily catered lunch, on-site childcare, car wash,etc.
- If you are interested in being apart of a strong caring,creative and people relationship focused culture where you are able to make a huge impact with your skills, grow and feel challenged, this is a company you will thrive.
If you believe your background is appropriate, please contact Corner Office directly. Casey Gorgone – Talent Acquisitions
914-299-7564 (m) – Casey@goCornerOffice.com