Join our team! First American's Database Solutions division is the leading national provider of property information to the title and settlement service industries. We deliver the real estate, homeownership and mortgage data, property reports and document images that help bring clarity and insight to business decisions. We are the premier innovator and leading provider of Data, Technology, Solutions, Services and Automation to the Title and Settlement services industries and we are looking to expand our employee base with candidates who will help shape the future of its data and information strategy with professionalism, confidence, and teamwork. Within the Database Solutions family are subdivisions consisting of DataTrace and DataTree. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.datatracetitle.com/home and www.datatree.comJob Summary
As a full stack software development engineer on the team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing of core applications. You will have influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, provide development insights, and apply best practices that enable a quality product.
As our ideal candidate, you are passionate about new opportunities and you have a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. You will have thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services and will flourish in an environment where new opportunities and challenges arise frequently. We seek a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them. High collaboration with Product and Design are imperative. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues and customers will make you successful in this role. Responsibilities
- Coordinate, design and develop secure, top-quality software and services, in partnership with other team members, both onshore and offshore
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other team members
- Perform code reviews
- Troubleshoot issues, provide technical guidance and input, and work with other application and infrastructure teams, to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
- Design, develop and test world-class, secure software and services on the ServiceNow Platform
- Develop tools and processes to enable best-in-class operations for our service
- Work with other engineers on the team to build the technical strategy and architecture for a broad area
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience building production software systems
- Experience in developing web application with C#, MVC 5, ASP.Net, Web
- API, .NET Core
- Sound working experience in any one of the JS frameworks including advanced JS frameworks for web comprising of Angular, React, Backbone
- Prior experience of bootstrap for managing highly dynamic & scalable browser-based UI.
- Hands on experience in writing high performance SQL queries, in SQL Server 2014/ 2016 or MYSQL will be preferred.
- Should be proficient at T-SQL programming and development
- Proficient in CI/CD and DevOps process
- OO design/development experience
- Familiarity with Enterprise technology tools: Cosmos DB, Service Bus, Caching, SQL ecosystem, NoSQL, Multithread, Performance Optimization
- Proficient in cloud concepts, Azure, Serverless architecture etc..
- Well versed with security frameworks, assessing vulnerabilities, Secured Code, SSL/Non-SSL, Vulnerability tests
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.