IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for design, coding, unit testing and documenting industry leading and best in class quality biometric software products.
This position will support a client project integrating hardware and multiple software systems/products.Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Codes and units test biometric software according to contract and product requirements
- Supports and follows the software development process
- Participates in Software design and reviews
- Documents software, installation guides and user manuals
- Maintains software skills to match direction of products
- Meets software delivery dates as directed
- Raises risks/issues as soon as they are discovered
- Performs software reviews
- Provides software estimates as required
- In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to multi-task and/or prioritize work, even when faced with conflicting demands and variety of problems
- Excellent writing skills including documentation skills
- Must have excellent verbal; must be able to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively with technical teams, management, and customers
- Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships
- Must be a self-motivated individual, able to operate independently within established department/company practices
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Practical experience w/established software development methodologies and source code management tools.
- Experience in integration with SDKs and web-services
- Experience in integrating hardware sensors or real-time imaging systems
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent levels of work experience
- Minimum of five years' prior experience in software design and development
- Experience with .NET/C#, other programming languages a plus C, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments
- Must have experience with application development platforms for building enterprise application and business critical business process that involves workflow automation and process orchestration
- Occasional overnight travel as required; should not exceed 10-20% of the time
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship is not allowed)
- Must have ability to pass government background check as needed
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.