Senior Software Engineer Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Sr. Software Engineer designs, develops, tests and maintains the NICE inContact software platform. Key responsibilities include the design and development of NICE inContact products and features, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the QA cycle, supporting the production environment, and assisting other developers in a team environment utilizing agile development processes. The Sr. Software Engineer will also mentor junior staff members and may be asked to propose cross disciplinary architectural solutions to difficult problems. Travel to other corporate sites may also be required.
The Core-Solo Team (Virtual Cluster Team) - The Core-Solo Team, along with Core-Skywalker, operate at the center of NICE inContact's platform. We are developing, supporting, and expanding the decision and data engine that powers the routing and state management of billions of contacts each year! Using AWS based services (Kinesis, Circle CI, Akka, Lambda, Concourse pipelines, SQS, etc) we are building the next generation of this master state and routing engine. Do you want to expand your skills developing AWS micro services with a true Cloud leader? Are you looking to contribute to an effort with high visibility, measurable goals, using cutting edge technology? If so, come put your carrier in hyper drive with NICE inContact on the Core-Solo Team!As a Senior Software Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Deliver high quality, sustainable, maintainable code.
- Create unit tests and test automation to ensure quality.
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes.
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Manage time effectively working on one or more concurrent projects.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Works with system analysts and product management for the successful completion of a project.
- Provides critical technical capabilities to the team and evangelizes those skills to others.
- Leads team or mentors other developers as needed.
- Functions as a Technical or Team Lead as needed.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and NICE inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers both inside and outside of the company.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 6+ years experience in software development
- Well established technical problem-solving skills.
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and supporting RESTful APIs.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite (.NET Framework, Visual Studio) or other similar open source software stacks
- Experience with developing services, clients and multi-threaded software.
- Experience developing with SQL Server or equivalent
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of unit testing and test automation
- Working knowledge of user stories and use cases
- Working knowledge of object-oriented software design and design patterns.
- Team Player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT NICE inContact
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with automation/testing tools
- Experience with/knowledge of agile development processes
- Experience as a technical or team lead
- Experience with telecommunications/telephony
- Experience with call centers
- Experience working in a CI/CD Environment
- Experience with AWS technologies
: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world's #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.