Position at NICE CXoneSr. Software Engineer Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Sr. Software Engineer designs, develops, tests and maintains the NICE CXone software platform. Key responsibilities include all tiers of the NICE CXone technology, including (but not limited to) design and development of NICE CXone products and features, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the QA cycle, supporting the production environment, and assisting other developers in a team environment utilizing agile development processes. The Sr. Software Engineer will also mentor junior staff members and may be asked to propose cross disciplinary architectural solutions to difficult problems. As a Sr. Software Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Work as a member of an agile team to enhance and improve software.
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Code and test projects.
- Create automation to ensure quality.
- Deliver high quality, sustainable, maintainable code.
- Manage time effectively working on one or more concurrent projects.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Works with system analysts and product management for the successful completion of a project.
- Leads team or mentors other developers as needed.
- Provides critical technical capabilities to the team and evangelizes those skills to others.
- Functions as a Technical or Team Lead as needed.
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Well established technical problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Java
- Experience building and maintaining AWS based microservices
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills Working knowledge of unit testing
- Working knowledge of common design patterns
- Working knowledge of object oriented software design
- Team Player
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT NICE CXone:
- Experience with Kafka and Kubernetes
- Experience with Mongo or Dynamo DB (or equivalent DB system)
- Experience with Rest/Web Sockets/GRPC
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with automation/testing tools
- Experience with/knowledge of agile development processes
- Experience(s) as a technical or team lead or equivalent experience
- Experience with telecommunications/telephony
- Experience with call centers
- Experience working in a CI/CD Environment
NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world's #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.