Sr. Software Engineer in Test Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Senior Software Engineer in Test is responsible for evaluating the overall quality of NICE inContact products by developing test automation scripts and frameworks. As an integral contributor to our Agile development teams, the Sr. SET designs and executes automated test cases to ensure the highest level of quality and timely deliveries to the NICE inContact platform. Throughout the project lifecycle this individual will develop new feature automation and enhance existing automated regression suites and the frameworks that use them. This is a senior position that will lead the automation efforts of a Scrum team, mentor other team members, and engage more thoroughly in frameworks, solutions and tool selection.As a Sr. Software Engineer in Test, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Be passionate about quality and driven to accomplish the company's goals.
- Develop and execute a complete test automation strategy for assigned products and features including functional, security, scalability and load testing requirements.
- Mentor other SETs on a feature team
- Design, extend, optimize and execute maintainable test automation based on business requirements and functional specifications.
- Engage with cross-functional automation leaders to develop automation frameworks, solutions and determine tool selection to enable testing of new product functions and technologies.
- Communicate automation results, risks and project status to management team as well as other stake holders
- Follow and execute on team-specified "done" criteria for testing features to achive sprint goals.
- Continuously streamline and improve the testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are effective, agile, and coordinated
- Interact closely with developers offering suggestions and ideas for improving the quality of products
- Pro-active investigation/verification of production defects and continuous improvement of automated regression suites
- Create automation tasks and monitor individual sprint burn-downs to ensure completion. Assist others on the team to do the same.
- Analyze testing results to enhance future test plans and scenarios. (Including metrics and benchmarks to gauge improvement)
- Identify log, track and report bugs to management and development team
- Become a subject matter expert with inContact product(s)
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Computer Science or similiar field or equivalent work experience required.
- Knowledge of quality automation practices and policies
- 5+ years OOP Experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development and automation
- 2+ years of experience with test automation tools
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL statements
- 2+ years of demonstrated prior experience in a SET leadership role
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining Test management framework like MTM or Zephyr
- Demonstrable skills in developing maintainable test automation
- Experience testing web & API services
- Thorough understanding of the following types of testing: Functional, Usability, Load, Stress, Integration, Data validation, Performance, Automated testing and Regression
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Possess strong communication & decision making skills
- CI/CD experience
- Experience with Selenium or other UI testing framework
ABOUT NICE inContact:
- Experience with Telecommunications
- Experience with VoIP Technology
- Ability to work independently and self-manage projects
- DevOps experience
- Experience with call server technologies
- Cloud experience, AWS preferred
- Experience with .NET/C#
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world's No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.