Earth Networks is seeking a Senior Software Technical Lead in our Germantown, MD office or telecommute location.
The Sr. Software Technical Lead will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET, .Net Core and AWS development environments.
The Sr. Software Technical Lead will participate in defining our enterprise architecture and provide complex designs. The candidate will also provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship of team members. A successful candidate will design, develop and maintain server-side applications/services and web-based applications.
This position reports to the Director of Software Development.
- Provide technical leadership to assigned projects
- Develop web services and Windows/Linux applications
- Analysis of requirements and scope
- Identifies, recommends, evangelizes and communicates solutions
- Leads or participates in architecture, implementation and complex design decisions
- Recommends and extends automation in the areas of unit testing, build, source, design/code review and other development and continuous integration activities
- Troubleshooting system and application problems
- Documents technical designs, specifications and analysis
- Lead/participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Contribute and influence project planning and estimates
- Mentors others in modern coding, standards and design practices
- Develops new and maintains existing applications
- Be active team member as part of an Agile Scrum team
- BS degree in Engineering or related discipline
- C# experience for 6+ years, and at least .NET 4.0
- Experience with .NET Core and Linux
- Experience with Docker and other container technologies is a plus
- Experience with Windows Services, SQL Server, and IIS
- Experience with AWS Redis or DynamoDB is a plus
- Experience writing multithreaded programs
- Strong object-oriented analysis, design and programming skills
- Experience working in Agile Scrum teams
- Experience writing and troubleshooting REST APIs
- Experience with Amazon AWS Cloud technologies and services
- Experience with Amazon Fargate, Athena and Glue services is a plus.
- Data or Infrastructure experience is a plus
- Big data experience is a plus
- Application monitoring experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to participate in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in DevOps tools and processes
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
About Earth Networks
Earth Networks has been Taking the Pulse of the Planet® for more than 20 years. We help organizations mitigate financial, operational and human risk by providing environmental intelligence from the world’s largest hyperlocal weather network. Schools, airports, sports teams, utilities and government agencies rely on our data solutions to safeguard lives, prepare for weather events and optimize operations. Companies across all industries use our weather data to make informed decisions regarding risk management, business continuity and asset protection.
Earth Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.