DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we are building the nation's first stand-alone could-based open RAN 5G network.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Summary:
As part of Dish Technologies Software Engineering, the Senior Software Project Manager is responsible for the collaboration and coordination of Software Engineering Projects and Agile Features with Product Management, Software Engineering Management and Engineering Development Teams.Responsibilities:
- Will drive the majority of the Agile team ceremonies (PO/Dev. Manager on the team will help with the other ceremonies depending on the team itself) with the focus of successful project deliverables
- Will provide the overall project status reports to executive leadership with the required team metrics
- Works as a leader to effectively guide and facilitate large cross-functional meetings
- Exercises superb follow-up and follow-through skills in all facets of program management and Agile process to quickly drive problems to resolution
- Participate in release planning events and help release team providing iteration and bug updates tied to weekly milestones
- Main POC (point-of-contact) for team's work progress, dependency tracking, and the removal of team impediments
- Will spend time looking ahead to upcoming work and gather the required people (stakeholders, architects, etc.) to begin initial discussions to aid in team planning for later planning events
- Support team's non-development needs such as: needed equipment, onboarding new hires, etc.
- Constant and effective communication and collaboration with Director level and above as needed
- Initiate DevOps process changes on the team level such as: working with architects/stakeholders to know what metrics need to be built into upcoming features, how to present them as needed, working with the team to implement needed metrics in initial story creation, etc.
- Track and drive team metrics (velocity, carried over stories, burndown charts, Defects root cause, percentage of stories that have to be sent back to development, etc.) and be able to discuss and display them to executive leadership as needed
- Close collaboration with team Dev. Manager/PO (Scrum, Kanban teams) and be able to help in whatever additional ways are needed to get the job done.
#DICE_KTO Basic Requirements:
- BS Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in software development environments
- At least 5 years of experience in software project management and/or Scrum Master duties
- Familiarity with Jira
- Experience in a fast paced Agile environment
- Fundamental understanding of software design and development
- Proficient in Google docs, sheets, slides or MS equivalents
- Proficient in MS Project, VisioTimeline, PowerPoint Timeline or similar
- Agile and/or Project Management certifications (SAFe/CSM/PMP, etc)
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $143,750.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.