The Application/Solutions Architect develops innovative solutions and technology strategy. They own the application/solution design strategy across teams, and partner with other architects. The role makes recommendations for new procedures and overall architectural approach, collaborating with Principal level Architects. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises judgement in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Informal supervision of other's work assignments. Candidates need to come from a Java background.
This position is a long term, open contract. There is a chance this could go perm full time if the candidate who is hired is interested. Also, this is 100% remote with a very strong presence for the candidate to be in either Atlanta, Dallas, or Frisco.
- Owns solution design for cross domain initiatives and works across domains to ensure cohesive solution.
- Reviews and identifies the gaps in the architecture and solution designs, assesses, and defines remediation efforts or mitigation options.
- Drives to practical solutions considering all teams, initiatives, and long-term outlook.
Innovation and Leadership
- Drives the overall technical design and end-to-end solution design for assigned initiatives.
- Ensures quality, consistency, and alignment of designs to standards and digital strategy.
- Arch applies digital standards to project Solution Architecture, drives Technical Strategy and architectural tradeoff discussions.
- Leads the technical design process for applicable cross domain initiatives.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Balance's constraints in IT, business, delivery to deliver optimal architecture for an initiative.
- Leads design orchestration on mid-sized initiatives or work streams.
- Ensures Digital Architecture standards are applied; negotiates and documents tradeoffs with Digital Architecture as needed.
Technology and System
- Owns technical solution on cross domain initiatives. Develops innovative solutions and technology strategy.
- Maintains design deliverables that include architecture diagrams, data models, and API / micro-service architecture.
- Enforces design process standards on assigned initiatives.
- Project Management
- Applies a broad understanding of the products, systems and technologies across the business portfolio and deep technical ability on integration of these components to deliver a cohesive solution architecture for a given initiative.
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements that the system analysts and other technical team members drive into the project design and delivery.
Relationship and People Management
- Interacts with Senior management to shape and align solutions against desired minimum viable product scope.
- Participates in formal internal training programs.
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods.
Required experience for Solutions Architect:
- 5+ years related work experience as an Architect
- Background in Java/Spring/Boot preferred. Pluses are SAP, Oracle, and IBM Maximo
- 5 years of progressive experience in software engineering/enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence.
- 5 years working in solutions design and enterprise architecture delivering IT solutions.
- 5 years of experience in Enterprise applications, PLM, middle-tier services, database, storage, distributed computing, virtualization and/or application technology.
- Proven ability executing high-profile projects and providing thought leadership to an organization.
- Experience in delivering industrial platforms or horizontal software middleware.
- Cloud experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, 12 factor authentication, etc.
- Knowledge of technologies and Packaged Platform/Systems including SAP, IBM, Oracle, Public Cloud services, etc.
Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of Bachelor's degree, equivalent industry experience may be considered.
To apply directly, please email
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or